My general interests include artificial intelligence, deep learning, reinforcement learning, and natural
language processing. I am particularly interested in the following fields:
- Deep Learning for Natural Language Processing
- Reinforcement Learning for Natural Language Processing
- Language Generation or Text Generation (long text, story, data-to-text etc.)
- Question Answering, Reading Comprehension, Dialogue and Conversation Systems
- Semantic Matching and Reasoning with Logics or Knowledge
- Sentiment Understanding, Sentiment/Emotion Analysis, Opinion Mining
- NLP Applications, such as Summarization, Extraction, etc.
Research Group: Conversational AI (CoAI), see the slides of the group introduction.
My page at DBLP and Google Scholar.
My recent work on
Emotional Chatting Machine
was reported by 参考消息，新华社，MIT
Technology Review, the
Story Ending Generation was reported by TechXplore .
My paper "Commonsense Knowledge Aware Conversation Generation with Graph Attention" was awarded as one of 7 Distinguished papers by IJCAI-ECAI 2018 (out of 710 accepted papers, from 3470 submissions).
"Linguistically Regularized LSTMs for Sentiment Classification"
was voted as
Top 15 NLP papers in 2016
by PaperWeekly; and
"Reinforcement Learning for Relation Classification from Noisy Data"
was voted as
Top 10 NLP papers in 2017
Selected Honors and Rewards
- 2019, MSRA Collaborative Research Award
- 2018, Hanvon Youngth Innovation Award
- 2018, CCL Best Demo Award
- 2018, Distinguished paper in IJCAI-ECAI 2018
- 2017, Winner of Short Text Conversation Challenge II at
- 2016, Outstanding Samsung Collaborator Award
- 2015, NLPCC Best Paper
- 2013, Beijing Young Elite Award
- 2008, Excellent Employee of the Department
- 2006, Excellent PhD graduate of the University
- 2006, Excellent PhD Dissertation of the University
Senior PC: AAAI 2019, IJCAI 2019, ACML 2019, IJCAI 2018 (Distinguished SPC), ACML 2018, IJCAI 2017
Reviewer for Journals:
- Reviewer for Conferences: ACL, EMNLP, AAAI, IJCAI, NAACL, COLING
- Student Mentor of ACL 2010
Tutorial Chair of CCF Advanced Discipline Lecture 2016 (67) "Sentiment Analysis and Deep Learning"
(Co-chair with Prof. Xiaojun Wan)
Track Organizer of
Chinese Emotion Generation Challenge 2018,
Track Organizer of Emotion
Conversation Challenge 2017,
CCF NLPCC, China