My general interests include artificial intelligence, deep learning, reinforcement learning, and natural
language processing. I am particularly interested in the following fields:
- Deep Learning for Natural Language Processing
- Reinforcement Learning for Natural Language Processing
- Question Answering, Dialogue and Conversation Systems
- Semantic Reasoning, Logics, and Reading Comprehension
- Sentiment Understanding, Sentiment/Emotion Analysis, Opinion Mining
- NLP Applications, such as Summarization, Extraction, etc
Research Group: Conversational AI (CoAI), see the group introduction here.
My page at DBLP and Google Scholar.
My recent work on
Emotional Chatting Machine
was reported by
Technology Review, the
NIVIDIA; Story Ending Generation was reported by TechXplore .
My paper "Commonsense Knowledge Aware Conversation Generation with Graph Attention" was awarded as one of 7 Distinguished papers by IJCAI-ECAI 2018 (out of 710 accepted papers, from 3470 submissions).
"Linguistically Regularized LSTMs for Sentiment Classification"
was voted as
Top 15 NLP papers in 2016
by PaperWeekly; and
"Reinforcement Learning for Relation Classification from Noisy Data"
was voted as
Top 10 NLP papers in 2017
Selected Honors and Rewards
- 2018, Hanvon Youngth Innovation Award
- 2018, CCL Best Demo Award
- 2018, Distinguished paper in IJCAI-ECAI 2018
- 2017, Winner of Short Text Conversation Challenge II at
- 2016, Outstanding Samsung Collaborator Award
- 2015, NLPCC Best Paper
- 2013, Beijing Young Elite Award
- 2008, Excellent Employee of the Department
- 2006, Excellent PhD graduate of the University
- 2006, Excellent PhD Dissertation of the University
Senior PC: AAAI 2019, IJCAI 2018 (Distinguished SPC),
Reviewer for Journals:
- Reviewer for Conferences: ACL, EMNLP, AAAI, IJCAI, NAACL, COLING
- Student Mentor of ACL 2010
Tutorial Chair of CCF Advanced Discipline Lecture 2016 (67) "Sentiment Analysis and Deep Learning"
(Co-chair with Prof. Xiaojun Wan)
Track Organizer of
Chinese Emotion Generation Challenge 2018,
Track Organizer of Emotion
Conversation Challenge 2017,
CCF NLPCC, China